Abria Pregnancy Resources is a life-affirming organization serving women, teens and and families facing the challenges of an unexpected pregnancy or sexual health concern. Our clients experience friendship, hope and encouragement through positive and life-affirming medical and personal support services, education, and resources.
The Bookkeeper/Business Assistant is a key member of the Abria team. Primary responsibilities include preforming accounting and bookkeeping tasks, donor database management and day to day processing of financial accounts. Additionally, the position provides administrative support to ensure the smooth operation of the office and other administrative functions for Abria.
Time Commitment: Non-exempt, part-time position up to 25 hrs per week
Location: Primarily St Paul clinic located at University/Vandalia intersection, occasionally Northside clinic as well as off-site meetings or appointments as applicable.
Supervision: Director of Operations
Business Administration (75%)
- Perform accounting functions in conjunction and provide support for financial consulting personnel and Abria’s financial committee.
- Organize and manage financial files such as accounts receivable and accounts payable. Prepare and make deposits, perform data entry in electronic platform.
- Organize and manage accounts payable, perform data entry, prepare and write checks to vendors. Manage vendor accounts, invoices and files in platform.
- Manage online giving process and maintain updated electronic gift records
- Respect and maintain donor and organizational confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain a respectful and collaborative working relationship with all Abria staff, volunteers, board members and the Financial Committee.
- Comply with all policies and procedures of Abria, and all laws, rules, regulations, standards and best practices appropriate to the position.
- Report all concerns and issues directly to the Director of Operations.
- Assist in managing donor database
- Perform all gift processing functions including gift entry, pledge and gift acknowledgement letters, and renewal/reminder notices.
- Assist with direct mail and electronic communication initiatives as needed.
- Provide occasional backup support for development staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Agreement with Abria Values and Approach:
- Commitment to Abria’s organizational values. We believe in: the inherent dignity of each person, from conception to natural death; the right of our clients to receive comprehensive, truthful information in a respectful and compassionate way; and the importance of addressing the needs of the whole person – physical, emotional, spiritual and social – when providing services.
- Dedication to life-affirming belief in the dignity, sanctity and worth of every human life. We do not perform or provide referrals for abortions. We do not recommend or provide artificial contraception. We promote healthy choices regarding sexuality that both honor the dignity of the human person and completely avoid sexually transmitted infections and unexpected pregnancy.
- Education/Experience: 2-3 years related experience; bachelor’s degree preferred. Administrative and data management experience and familiarity with donor database software. Working knowledge of Excel, QuickBooks, and Donor-Perfect are highly desired. Prior experience in a non-profit or community-based organization, preferably in social, medical or family services, is desirable.
- Personal: Positive attitude and excellent communication skills. Very high detail orientation and meticulous nature. Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Relational: Ability to work as a team member and accept responsibility. Ability to act independently and seek consultation when needed.
- Organizational: Exceptional attention to detail and superior organizational skills necessary. Ability to prioritize tasks and execute them in a timely and organized manner a must.
- Attention to Detail
- Manage Work Effectively, analyze issues and solve problems
- Share Information and communicates effectively
- Relates well to others
- Technical Acumen: Using Technology Effectively
- Elevate Life’s 16-hour training seminar.
- Training and orientation to Abria Pregnancy Resources and on-the-job training with the director of Operations and other staff.
- Regular, on-site, part-time (up to 25 hours/week), non-exempt hourly wage.
- Professional development as negotiated
To apply, please email completed application, cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.