Abria Pregnancy Resources is a life-affirming organization serving women and families facing the challenges of an unexpected pregnancy. Our clients experience friendship, hope and encouragement through positive and life-affirming medical and personal support services, education, and resources.
In cooperation and coordination with the Director of Clinical Services, the Client Care Nurse (CCN) administers all medical services offered through Abria, including: pregnancy testing, sexually transmitted infection (STI) services, limited obstetrical ultrasounds, prenatal care services including education and venipuncture, medical counseling during the course of medical testing administration, and all aspects of other medical services at Abria.
Time Commitment: Regular, non-exempt position. Full- or part-time schedule.
Location: St. Paul and North Minneapolis clinics, as well as off-site meetings and appointments as applicable.
Supervision: Director of Clinical Services
- Support clients utilizing the most current factual information and striving always to become more proficient regarding the following topics or issues:
- Pregnancy options discussions
- Post-abortion support or referrals
- Basic pregnancy related issues
- Chastity and abstinence
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) and Diseases (STDs)
- Assisting clients to identify goals regarding parenting that are consistent with their values
- Under the direction of the Medical Director and Director of Clinical Services:
- Perform pregnancy tests, STI testing, limited obstetrical ultrasounds and administering prenatal care services, making assessments, documenting all required information, providing education and making appropriate referrals.
- Implement established infection control policies and procedures.
- Keep medical exam rooms, lab areas and medical equipment clean and in good working condition.
- Participate with quality assurance, including chart review, random chart audits and annual review of staff compliance.
- Assist in the review and update of medical policies, procedures and services.
- Strive to improve medical services offered.
- Accurately document findings in client electronic record and maintain confidentiality of that data.
- Provide accurate education, resources and materials related to medical services offered.
- Educate clients on action and effects of contraceptives and fertility awareness, as requested.
- Follow all protocols and procedures for internal referral to the Abria Empowers, Equips & Embraces programs. Work with staff within the Empowers, Equips & Embraces team to appropriately and smoothly transition clients to client advocates prior to and following the administration of medical services.
- Provide follow-up contact with clients when appropriate and possible.
- Maintain a respectful and collaborative working relationship with all Abria staff, volunteers, board members and Medical Director.
- Stay current on medical developments, practices, factual information and procedures in each of our service areas.
- Respect and maintain client and organization confidentiality at all times.
- Comply with Abria Policies and Procedures and all laws, rules, regulations standards and best practices appropriate to the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Agreement with Abria Values and Approach:
- Commitment to Abria’s organizational values. We believe in: the inherent dignity of each person, from conception to natural death; the right of our clients to receive comprehensive, truthful information in a respectful and compassionate way; and the importance of addressing the needs of the whole person – physical, emotional, spiritual and social – when providing services.
- Dedication to pro-life belief in the dignity, sanctity and worth of every human life. We do not perform or provide referrals for abortions. We do not recommend or provide artificial contraception. We promote healthy choices regarding sexuality that both honor the dignity of the human person and completely avoid sexually transmitted infections and unexpected pregnancy.
- Professional: Effective interpersonal and communication skills, basic computer skills and knowledge, and organizational aptitude.
- Education: Registered nurse (RN) with current active and unincumbered MN licensure. Trained or willing to be trained in Limited Obstetrical Ultrasounds. Basic computer skills and organizational aptitude. Experience in a non-profit or community-based organization, especially in counseling, social services, or family services is desired. Current CPR certification as a health care provider.
- Personal: Ability to empathize with those in distress and give practical assistance; strong counseling and active listening skills; non-judgmental approach and attitude. Ability to work productively with a diverse group of staff and volunteers. Ability to occasionally to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Relational: Ability to work as a team member and to accept responsibility. Ability to act independently and to seek consultation when needed.
- Elevate Life’s 13-hour training seminar and annual training.
- Training and certification in Limited Obstetrical Ultrasound.
- Orientation to Abria Pregnancy Resources and on-the-job training with the Director of Clinical Services and other client-facing staff.
- Other as necessary and approved.
- Regular, on-site, full-time, non-exempt hourly wage.
- Paid personal time off, holidays and other leave as outlined in Abria policies.
- Professional development as negotiated.
To apply, please email completed application (below), cover letter, resume and three references to [email protected].