Abria Pregnancy Resources is a life-affirming organization serving women and families facing the challenges of an unexpected pregnancy or sexual health crisis. Our clients experience friendship, hope and encouragement through positive and life-affirming medical and personal support services, education, and resources.
In cooperation and coordination with Director of Clinical Services, the Client Care Nurse (CCN) administers all medical services offered through Abria, including: pregnancy testing, sexually transmitted infection (STI) services, limited obstetrical ultrasounds, prenatal care services including education and venipuncture, medical counseling during the course of medical testing administration, and all aspects of other medical services at Abria. The CCN will help fulfill the mission statement of Abria by utilizing the most current factual information and striving always for greater proficiency and excellence in each of our service areas.
Time Commitment: Regular, non-exempt, part-time position with some Saturday mornings.
Location: Both St. Paul and Minneapolis clinics as needed and scheduled.
Supervision: Director of Clinical Services
- Registered Nurse (RN) with current MN licensure; at least two years of RN experience; experience in Obstetrics preferred. RN trained in Limited OB Ultrasound preferred (training may be offered) or Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer certified in OB/GYN. Trained and competent in venipuncture (training may be offered). Basic computer skills and organizational aptitude. High attention to procedure and detail.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and/or related experience. Preferred: completion of National Institute of Family and Life Advocates’ (NIFLA) Limited Obstetrical Ultrasound Course or equivalent, and required competency successfully completed (or training can be provided); experience in a non-profit or community-based organization, such as a pregnancy resource center or counseling, social service, or family service provider desirable.
- Able to empathize with those in distress and give practical assistance; strong counseling and active listening skills. Strong client orientation and ability to engage confidently in a non-judgmental way with all client demographics and situations. Effective interpersonal and communication skills. Dependable and reliable. Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Hourly, part-time as a non-exempt employee
- Paid personal time off and holidays as outlined in current Abria policies possible depending upon amount of hours/week regularly scheduled/agreed upon
To apply, please email completed application (below), cover letter, resume, salary expectations and three references to [email protected].