In cooperation and coordination with the Executive Director, the Director of Client Services oversees and ensures alignment and coordination of all in-clinic client support. These support services delivered at our two clinics include: medical, resource and education. The position maintains a respectful and collaborative working relationship with all Abria staff and volunteers. The director helps fulfill the mission of Abria by utilizing the most current factual information, striving for greater proficiency and excellence in each of our service areas. The incumbent provides leadership, staff supervision, program development and coordination, and facilitates strategic partnerships where appropriate.
Time Commitment: Regular, exempt, full-time position
Location: St. Paul and North Minneapolis clinics, as well as off-site meetings and appointments as applicable.
Supervision: Executive Director
Leadership and Management
- In close collaboration with the Executive Director and as a member of the Leadership Team, cultivates a culture within the organization that is centered on mission and vision.
- Leads and inspires the in-clinic staff and volunteers to form a team that productively and consistently delivers a high quality client experience.
- Manages, develops and monitors all client services, ensuring appropriateness and effectiveness of services to address client needs.
- Sets program goals and objectives consistent with the organization’s mission and values and monitor progress toward goals. Develops and monitors budgets to support goals and objectives.
- Develops and manages accountability structures to ensure support for medical staff in a cross-function reporting structure.
- Maintains a respectful and collaborative working relationship with the Medical Director and conducts regular updates/consultations on ongoing operations and emerging issues.
- Provides work supervision for direct reports (Clinic Coordinator: Northside; Client Call Center Specialist; Client Care Nurse: St. Paul and Client Advocate: St. Paul) and provides oversight and guidance for personnel issues under direct reports. Ensures all staff are properly trained for their positions.
- Oversees daily operations of the St. Paul clinic
- Manages staff and volunteer scheduling, including daily clinic troubleshooting
- Provides back-up to Client Call Center Specialist and Client Advocate (for PTs) as needed when regular back-ups are unavailable
- Manages clinic volunteers: reception, child enrichment, resource navigation, Abria U educators and boutique and ensure proper training for their positions.
- Supports clients on an as-needed basis, utilizing the most current factual information and striving always to become more proficient regarding the following topics or issues
- Pregnancy options discussions;
- Post-Abortion support or referrals;
- Basic pregnancy-related issues;
- Chastity and abstinence;
- Natural Family Planning and Fertility;
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) and Diseases (STDs);
- Assisting clients to identify goals regarding parenthood that are consistent with their values.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director and Board of Directors, sets policies and procedures for all client services and facilitate processes for adherence to these policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and maintains a Quality Assurance Program for the organization, including chart review, random chart audits, and annual review of staff compliance.
- Serves as Privacy Officer for the organization and Safety Coordinator for the St. Paul clinic.
- Serves as client management system administrator and ensure processes exist to support data privacy and integrity.
- Complies with all policies and procedures of Abria, and all laws, rules, regulations, standards and best practices appropriate to the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Agreement with Abria Values and Approach:
- Commitment to Abria’s organizational values. We believe in: the inherent dignity of each person, from conception to natural death; the right of our clients to receive comprehensive, truthful information in a respectful and compassionate way; and the importance of addressing the needs of the whole person – physical, emotional, spiritual and social – when providing services.
- Dedication to pro-life belief in the dignity, sanctity and worth of every human life. We do not perform or provide referrals for abortions. We do not recommend or provide artificial contraception. We promote healthy choices regarding sexuality that both honor the dignity of the human person and completely avoid sexually transmitted infections and unexpected pregnancy.
- Professional: Effective interpersonal and communication skills, basic computer skills and knowledge, and organizational aptitude. Experience and demonstrated ability in staff and human resource management.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree such as MBA or MPH preferred. Five to 7 years’ experience in program leadership, with a minimum of 3 years staff management. Experience in a non-profit or community-based organization, especially in counseling, social services, or family services, is preferred.
- Personal: Ability to empathize with those in distress and give practical assistance; strong counseling and active listening skills; non-judgmental approach and attitude. Ability to train and sustain a high-quality volunteer program to support human resource. Ability occasionally to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Relational: Ability to work as a team member and to accept responsibility. Ability to act independently and to seek consultation when needed.
To apply, please email completed application (below), cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com.