Abria Pregnancy Resources is a life-affirming organization serving women and families facing the challenges of an unexpected pregnancy. Our clients experience friendship, hope and encouragement through positive and life-affirming medical and personal support services, education, and resources.
In cooperation and coordination with the Executive Director, the Director of Clinical Services oversees and ensures alignment and coordination of all in-clinic client support: medical, personalsupports, and education delivered through Abria’s two clinics. The position will maintain a respectful and collaborative working relationship with all Abria staff and volunteers. The Director of Clinical Services will help fulfill the mission of Abria by utilizing the most current factual information, striving always for greater proficiency and excellence in each of our service areas. This position provides leadership, staff supervision, program development and coordination, and strategic partnership facilitation where appropriate.
Time Commitment: Regular, exempt, full-time position
Location: St. Paul and North Minneapolis clinics, as well as off-site meetings and appointments as applicable.
Supervision: Executive Director
Leadership and Management
- In close collaboration with the Executive Director, as a member of the Leadership Team, cultivate a culture within the organization that is centered on mission and vision.
- Lead and inspire the in-clinic staff to form a team that productively and consistently delivers a high-quality client experience.
- Manage, develop and monitor all clinic services, ensuring appropriateness and effectiveness of services to address client needs.
- Set program goals and objectives consistent with the organization’s mission and values and monitor progress toward goals. Develop and monitor budgets to support goals and objectives.
- Develop and manage accountability structures to ensure support for clinical staff in a cross-function reporting structure.
- Maintain a respectful and collaborative working relationship with the Medical Director and conduct regular updates/consultations for ongoing operations and emerging issues.
- Provide supervision for direct reports of all client support staff in both clinics. Work with all client support staff including Client Advocates, Receptionist, and Nurses to ensure both clinics are fully staffed during business hours. Ensure all staff are properly trained with current licenses for their positions as needed.
- Oversee daily operations of the St. Paul and Minneapolis clinics.
- Manage staff scheduling, including daily clinic troubleshooting
- Provide back-up to client support staff as needed when regular back-ups are unavailable.
- Provide oversight for the receptionist in scheduling, documenting clinic volunteers and ensuring training for their positions.
- Support clients on an as-needed basis, utilizing the most current factual information, striving always to become more proficient regarding the following topics or issues:
- Pregnancy options discussions;
- Post-Abortion support or referrals;
- Basic pregnancy-related issues;
- Chastity and abstinence;
- Natural Family Planning and fertility;
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) and Diseases (STDs);
- Assisting clients to identify goals regarding parenthood that are consistent with their values.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director and Board of Directors, set policies and procedures for all clinic services and facilitate processes for adherence to these policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and maintain a Quality Assurance Program for the organization, including chart review, random chart audits, and annual review of staff compliance.
- Serve as Privacy Officer for the organization and Safety Coordinator for both clinics.
- Serve as client management system administrator and ensure processes exist to support data privacy and integrity.
- Comply with all policies and procedures of Abria, and all laws, rules, regulations, standards and best practices appropriate to the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Agreement with Abria Values and Approach:
- Commitment to Abria’s organizational values. We believe in: the inherent dignity of each person, from conception to natural death; the right of our clients to receive comprehensive, truthful information in a respectful and compassionate way; and the importance of addressing the needs of the whole person – physical, emotional, spiritual and social – when providing services.
- Dedication to life-affirming belief in the dignity, sanctity and worth of every human life. We do not perform or provide referrals for abortions. We do not recommend or provide artificial contraception. We promote healthy choices regarding sexuality that both honor the dignity of the human person and completely avoid sexually transmitted infections and unexpected pregnancy.
- Professional: Effective interpersonal and communication skills, basic computer skills and knowledge, and organizational aptitude. Experience and demonstrated ability in staff and human resource management.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree of Nursing (RN) with active, unencumbered Minnesota Nursing license required; advanced degree such as MBA or MPH preferred. Five years’ experience in program leadership, with a minimum of 3 years staff management. Experience in a non-profit or community-based organization, especially in counseling, social services, or family services, is preferred.
- Personal: Ability to empathize with those in distress and give practical assistance; strong counseling and active listening skills; non-judgmental approach and attitude. Ability to train and sustain a high-quality volunteer program to support human resource. Ability occasionally to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Relational: Ability to work as a team member and to accept responsibility. Ability to act independently and to seek consultation when needed.
- Elevate Life’s 16-hour training seminar.
- Training and materials regarding social services and client referrals
- Orientation to Abria Pregnancy Resources and on-the-job training with the Executive Director.
- Limited OB Ultrasound (NIFLA) training as needed.
- Salaried, full-time work week as an exempt employee
- Paid personal time off and holidays as outlined in current Abria policies
- Professional development as negotiated
To apply, please email completed application (supporters.abria.org), cover letter, resume and three references to [email protected].