Provide proactive, creative, strategic leadership to the Abria development plan. In conjunction with the Executive Director and Chair of the Development Committee, build and foster relationships with current and prospective donors to develop a robust major gifts program and increase overall philanthropic support to Abria; develop and implement the fundraising events and community activities for Abria; oversee and ensure successful implementation of annual fund program and increasing enrollment in monthly giving; and develop a long-range funding plan and associated endowment/capital campaign.
Required Education & Experience:
- Baccalaureate degree in related area
- Experience and demonstrated success in direct sales and client relationship management
- Knowledge of fundraising processes, practices and procedures and commitment to receive and build on mentoring support from experienced fundraisers as assigned by the Executive Director
- Demonstrated success in working as a member of a team and developing effective working relationships with Board members, staff, volunteers, the general public, and donors.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including verbal, written and listening
- Advanced working knowledge of computer and software applications including intermediate or higher level proficiency with Microsoft Office (EXCEL, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Demonstrated commitment to Abria’s mission and ability to present, inform, and motivate individuals and groups about Abria’s mission and programs.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree in related area
- Certification in Fundraising
- Specific fundraising experience, including capital campaign grant writing, individual donor development, and fund development experience
- Demonstrated success in securing major support from private and/or public sources for educational and operational projects, grant writing and meeting annual fund goals
- Experience working with electronic donor tracking systems/databases [DonorPerfect used by Abria].
To apply, please email completed application (below), cover letter, resume, salary expectations and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.