Abria Pregnancy Resources serves women and families facing the challenges of an unexpected pregnancy. Our clients experience friendship, hope and encouragement through positive and life-affirming medical and personal support services, education and resources. We provide pregnancy testing, ultrasound exams, STI testing and treatment, life coaching, small-group classes, material assistance and resource navigation. All services are free.
The Manager of Business Operations ensures the effective operations of the organization’s business functions including financial management, facilities and technology, human resources, safety and staff management.
Time Commitment: Regular, exempt, salaried position – 30 hours/week
Supervision: Executive Director
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, coordinate the financial operations of the organization; ensure a strong relationship with contracted bookkeeping entity.
- Manage the budgeting and reporting process; prepare and analyze monthly financial statements for use by staff and board leadership.
- Manage banking accounts and relationships under the direction of the ED and the Board Finance Committee.
- Coordinate all aspects of the annual audit.
Facilities and Technology
- Ensure that facilities are fully functional for staff and clients.
- Manage relationships with landlords and other facilities-related vendors.
- Serve as liaison with the IT service provider, coordinate staff IT requests and troubleshoot simple technology issues.
- Serve as Abria’s HR and safety representative.
- Manage all aspects of the recruiting and hiring process including posting jobs, reviewing applications, coordinating interviews, performing reference and background checks and orienting new employees.
- Oversee and implement the payroll function, including coordination with contracted payroll provider.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal labor laws, particularly in the areas of HR and safety.
- Ensure safety requirements and procedures are followed and the appropriate documentation is maintained.
- In cooperation with the ED, coordinate training, professional development and performance reviews.
- Directly manage operations staff.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with the Director of Clinical Operations/Nurse Manager and Development Director.
- Oversee, manage and maintain filing systems for critical business documents.
- Manage insurance policies and related claims.
- Regularly review and ensure compliance with business operations-related policies and procedures.
- Offer project-related support to the ED and other directors as needed.
- Respect and maintain client and organizational confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain a respectful and collaborative working relationship with all Abria staff, volunteers, board members and the Medical Director.
- Comply with all Abria policies and procedures, as well as all laws, rules, regulations, standards and best practices appropriate to the position.
- Maintain objectivity and follow strictly the chain of command directing staff to direct supervisors but recognize, as noted in Abria’s employee grievance procedure, when the involvement of Human Resources is appropriate and required.
Other duties as assigned.
Agreement with Abria Values and Approach
- Commitment to Abria’s organizational values: We believe in the inherent dignity of each person, from conception to natural death; the right of our clients to receive comprehensive, truthful information in a respectful and compassionate way; and the importance of addressing the needs of the whole person – physical, emotional, spiritual and social – when providing services.
- Dedication to pro-life belief in the dignity, sanctity and worth of every human life: We do not perform or provide referrals for abortions. We do not recommend or provide artificial contraception. We promote healthy choices regarding sexuality that both honor the dignity of the human person and completely avoid sexually transmitted infections and unexpected pregnancy.
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Human Resources or financial-related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in business operations preferably in a non-profit or community-based organization.
- Proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with accounting and HR management; supervisory experience preferred.
- Personal Skills:Positive attitude, excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to lead and positively relate to wide variety of staff and volunteers.
- Relational Skills:Ability to work as a team member and accept responsibility. Ability to act independently and seek consultation when needed.
- Elevate Life 16-hour training program.
- Orientation to Abria Pregnancy Resources and on-the-job training with various staff.
- Wage commensurate with experience.
- Paid personal time off and holidays as outlined in current Abria policies.
- Healthcare offered in accordance with eligibility policy as written in the Abria handbook.
- Flexible work hours.
University/Vandalia intersection in St Paul as primary work site with frequent presence at the North Minneapolis clinic on Penn and Broadway, as well as off-site meetings and appointments as applicable.
Send cover letter, resume, references and completed application (from website supporters.abria.org) to [email protected]