In cooperation and coordination with the Executive Director and Medical Director, the Nurse Manager (NM) oversees and administers all medical services offered through Abria, including: pregnancy testing, sexually transmitted infection (STI) services, limited obstetrical ultrasounds, prenatal services administration, medical counseling during the course of medical testing, and all aspects of other medical services at Abria.
The NM is responsible for the direct oversight and supervision of all Client Care Nurse staff and volunteers and maintains a respectful and collaborative working relationship with all Abria staff and volunteers. The NM will help fulfill the mission statement of Abria by utilizing the most current factual information and striving always for greater proficiency and excellence in each of our service areas.
Time Commitment: Full-time regular exempt; one to two Saturdays per month (8am-1:30pm)
Supervision: Executive Director
- Client Medical Services
- In cooperation with the Medical Director, supervise the Limited Obstetrical Ultrasound program; oversee all aspects of the Prenatal program including lab venipuncture; oversee and provide pregnancy testing services and Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) testing and related medical counseling.
- Provide follow-up contact with clients when appropriate and possible.
- Supply factual medical education resources and materials to clients as warranted.
- Respect and maintain client and organizational confidentiality at all times.
- Leadership & Management
- Lead and inspire assigned staff to integrate into the overall Abria team productively and consistently deliver a high-quality client experience within the Abria scope of services.
- Maintain clear communication, both verbal and written, with staff providing guidance and oversight
- Oversee, direct and evaluate the work of direct reports: Client Care Nurse, Sonographer.
- Maintain a respectful and collaborative working relationship with all Abria staff, volunteers, board members and the Medical Director.
- Coordinate client medical services with Abria’s Medical Director and other medical service providers.
- Actively participate in ongoing leadership of Abria as a member of the Leadership Team.
- Oversee training of staff to provide medical services ensuring adherence to established policies, procedures and protocols.
- In cooperation with the Director of Personal Support Services, follow all protocols and procedures for internal referrals and smooth transition of client into PSS programs.
- Comply with all Abria Policies and Procedures and all laws, rules, regulations, standards and best practices appropriate to the position and medical services offered.
- Develop, review and update client medical policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and maintain a Quality Assurance Program for the organization, including chart review, random chart audits, and annual review of staff compliance.
- Assist with recruitment and training of staff.
- Compile and maintain Abria medical data/statistics regularly and submit to Medical Director, Executive Director or others as requested.
- Develop and manage annual budget for medical services while ensuring sufficient resources and supplies are available.
- Serve as Privacy Officer for the organization.
- Serve as Safety Officer for the organization.
- Program Development
- Stay current on medical developments, practices, factual information and procedures in all medical service areas.
- Assist with expansion of medical services as requested by Executive Director
- Agreement with Abria Values and Approach:
- Commitment to Abria’s organizational values. We believe in: the inherent dignity of each person, from conception to natural death; the right of our clients to receive comprehensive, truthful information in a respectful and compassionate way; and the importance of addressing the needs of the whole person – physical, emotional, spiritual and social – when providing services.
- Dedication to pro-life belief in the dignity, sanctity and worth of every human life. We do not perform or provide referrals for abortions. We do not recommend or provide artificial contraception. We promote healthy choices regarding sexuality that honor the dignity of the human person while avoiding sexually transmitted infections and unexpected pregnancy.
- Registered Nurse (RN) with current MN licensure.
- Experience in Obstetrics and/or Public Health preferred.
- Trained in Limited OB Ultrasound or open to training if needed; preference for certification as Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer.
- At least three years of experience in a management position or two years’ management experience with graduate level degree in nonprofit administration, business, healthcare or related fields.
- Basic computer skills, organizational aptitude, high attention to procedure and detail.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related knowledge and experience.
- Completion of National Institute of Family and Life Advocates’ (NIFLA) Limited Obstetrical Ultrasound Course (or equivalent) preferred.
- Experience in a non-profit or community-based organization, such as a pregnancy resource center or counseling, social service, or family service provider is desirable.
- Able to empathize with those in distress and give practical assistance.
- Strong counseling and active listening skills.
- Client focused and ability to engage confidently in a non-directive, non-judgmental manner with all client demographics and situations.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate and manage staff.
- Ability to work as a team member, seek consultation when needed, work independently and accept responsibility.
Location: Serves out of both St. Paul and North Minneapolis clinics; also off-site meetings and appointments as applicable.
To apply, please email completed application (below), cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.