Abria Pregnancy Resources is a life-affirming organization serving women and families facing the challenges of an unexpected pregnancy. Our clients experience friendship, hope and encouragement through positive and life-affirming medical and personal support services, education, and resources.
In cooperation and coordination with the Executive Director, the Nurse Manager oversees and ensures alignment and coordination of client medical services, support, and education delivered through Abria’s two clinics. The position will maintain a respectful and collaborative working relationship with all Abria staff and volunteers. The manager will help fulfill the mission of Abria by utilizing the most current factual information and striving always for greater proficiency and excellence in each of our service areas. This position provides leadership, staff supervision, program development and coordination, and strategic partnership facilitation where appropriate.
Time Commitment: Regular, exempt, full-time position
Location: St. Paul and North Minneapolis clinics, as well as off-site meetings and appointments as applicable.
Supervision: Executive Director
Leadership and Management
- In close collaboration with the Executive Director and as a member of the Leadership Team, cultivate a positive culture within the organization that is centered on mission and vision.
- Lead and inspire the in-clinic nursing staff to form a team that productively and consistently delivers a high-quality client experience.
- Oversee and administer clinical medical services including:
- Administer Limited Obstetrical Ultrasounds;
- Administer Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) services;
- Administer lab quality Pregnancy Testing and services;
- Administer Prenatal Care services;
- Implement established infection control policies and procedures;
- Provide accurate education, resources and materials related to medical services offered.
- Manage, develop, and monitor all clinic medical services, ensuring appropriateness and effectiveness of services to address client needs.
- Provide follow-up contact with clients when appropriate and possible.
- Accurately document findings in client records and maintain confidentiality of that data.
- Set program goals and objectives consistent with the organization’s mission and values and monitor progress toward goals. Develop and monitor medical budget to support goals and objectives.
- Develop and manage accountability structures to ensure support for medical staff in a cross-function reporting structure.
- Maintain a respectful and collaborative working relationship the Medical Director and conduct regular updates/consultations on ongoing operations and emerging issues.
- Work in collaboration with the Client Services Manager to provide work supervision for direct reports (Client Care Nurses in both clinics). Work with the Client Services Manager, Client Advocate Life Coaches, Client Call Center Specialist and Nurses to ensure both clinics are fully staffed during business hours. Ensure all staff are properly trained for their positions.
- Assist the Executive Director to oversee daily client-facing medical operations of the St. Paul and Minneapolis clinics.
- Manage staff scheduling, including daily clinic troubleshooting.
- Provide back-up to Client Call Center Specialist as needed.
- Support clients on an as-needed basis, utilizing the most current factual information and striving always to become more proficient regarding the following topics or issues:
- Pregnancy options discussions;
- Post-abortion support or referrals;
- Basic pregnancy-related issues;
- Chastity and abstinence;
- Natural Family Planning and fertility;
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) and Diseases (STDs);
- Assisting clients to identify goals regarding parenthood that are consistent with their values;
In conjunction with the Executive Director and Medical Director, set and follow policies and procedures for all medical services and facilitate processes for adherence to these policies and procedures.
Coordinate and maintain a Quality Assurance Program for the organization, including chart review, random chart audits, and annual review of staff compliance.
Serve as Privacy Officer for the organization and Safety Coordinator for both clinics.
Serve as client management system administrator and ensure processes exist to support data privacy and integrity.
Comply with all policies and procedures of Abria, and all laws, rules, regulations, standards and best practices appropriate to the position.
Other duties as assigned.
Agreement with Abria Values and Approach:
- Commitment to Abria’s organizational values. We believe in: the inherent dignity of each person, from conception to natural death; the right of our clients to receive comprehensive, truthful information in a respectful and compassionate way; and the importance of addressing the needs of the whole person – physical, emotional, spiritual and social – when providing services.
- Dedication to pro-life belief in the dignity, sanctity and worth of every human life. We do not perform or provide referrals for abortions. We do not recommend or provide artificial contraception. We promote healthy choices regarding sexuality that both honor the dignity of the human person and completely avoid sexually transmitted infections and unexpected pregnancy.
Professional: Effective interpersonal and communication skills, basic computer skills and knowledge, and organizational aptitude. Experience and demonstrated ability in staff and human resource management.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, Registered Nurse (RN) with current unhindered MN license in good standing, 3 years’ experience in program leadership and staff management required. Limited OB ultrasound course (NIFLA) trained preferred; advanced degree such as MBA or MPH, preferred; experience in a non-profit or community-based organization, especially in counseling, social services, or family services, is preferred.
Personal: Ability to empathize with those in distress and give practical assistance; strong counseling and active listening skills; non-judgmental approach and attitude. Ability to train and sustain a high-quality medical nursing staff. Ability occasionally to lift up to 20 pounds.
Relational: Ability to work as a team member and to accept responsibility. Ability to act independently and to seek consultation when needed.
- Elevate Life’s 13-hour training seminar.
- Training and materials regarding social services and client referrals
Orientation to Abria Pregnancy Resources and on-the-job training with the Executive Director.
- Salaried, full-time work week as an exempt employee
- Paid personal time off and holidays as outlined in current Abria policies
- Professional development as negotiated
To apply, please email completed application (below), cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com.