Abria Pregnancy Resources is a life-affirming organization serving women and families facing the challenges of an unexpected pregnancy. Our clients experience friendship, hope and encouragement through positive and life-affirming personal support services, education, and resources. We provide ultrasound exams, pregnancy testing, pregnancy related life coaching, outreach, material assistance and other free services. The organization is an affiliate of Elevate Life.
The Office Assistant/Receptionist will maintain a respectful, helpful, working relationship with all Abria staff and volunteers and will help fulfill the mission of Abria by utilizing the most current information, striving always to be more proficient in each of our service areas. They will assist in the functional flow and organization of the office for staff and seek to create a safe, welcoming, professional environment as the first contact for clients, volunteers, and donors at Abria’s Northside facility.
Time Commitment: Regular, non-exempt, full-time position (1.0 FTE)
Supervision: Clinic Coordinator
- Office Responsibilities: (50% time)
- Assist the Clinic Coordinator with the coordination and flow of day-to-day office operations by coordinating, performing, and maintaining phones, IT, communications with vendors, HR paperwork, staff/manager meeting scheduling, documentation and communication, supply requisition, filing and general organization for Abria’s Northside facility.
- Perform bookkeeping tasks such as receive incoming donations, accounting, billing, volunteer cleaner liaison, and other tasks.
- Assist Development department with development tasks such as data entry, donor database maintenance, direct mailings, emails, collateral preparation, volunteer management and other tasks.
- Assist other departments with miscellaneous tasks as able.
- Accurately document all activities. Notify appropriate supervisor and/or manager of any critical incidents or emergencies.
- Route incoming paperwork and mail to appropriate staff members.
- Maintain a clean, welcoming lobby and Children’s Activity Center.
- Client Service: (50% time)
- Answer incoming telephone calls, answer incoming messages from digital platforms, assist callers, take messages, provide information, make community referrals, and direct calls to staff members.
- Provide timely referral to the staff for appointments or other assistance.
- Maintain a professional, non-judgmental, and personable demeanor while working with a diverse clientele.
- Maintain a safe environment, using good judgment in contacting appropriate personnel as needed.
- Begin intake process for new clients.
- Schedule new and follow-up client appointments, documentation, data entry and maintenance of client database.
- Respect and Maintain client and organization confidentiality at all times.
- Complete internal training through the Executive Director, Nurse Manager and Clinic Coordinator regarding all policies and procedures for the client intake process and for all internal referrals. Adhere to all policies and procedures related to client intake.
- Maintain a respectful, helpful, working relationship with all Abria staff, volunteers, board members and the Medical Director.
- Comply with all policies and procedures of Abria, and all laws, rules, regulations, standards, and best practices appropriate to the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Agreement with Abria Values and Approach:
- Commitment to Abria’s organizational values. We believe in: the inherent dignity of each person, from conception to natural death; the right of our clients to receive comprehensive, truthful information in a respectful and compassionate way; and the importance of addressing the needs of the whole person – physical, emotional, spiritual and social – when providing services.
- Dedication to pro-life belief in the dignity, sanctity and worth of every human life. We do not perform or provide referrals for abortions. We do not recommend or provide artificial contraception. We promote healthy choices regarding sexuality that both honor the dignity of the human person and avoid sexually transmitted infections and unexpected pregnancy.
- Professional: Effective interpersonal and communication skills, proficient computer skills and knowledge, and organizational aptitude.
- Education/Experience: High school degree or its equivalent. Relevant experience preferred working in a medical clinic, nonprofits, marketing, or fundraising.
- Personal: Ability to empathize with those in distress and give practical assistance; strong counseling and active listening skills; non-judgmental approach and attitude. Ability to work productively with a diverse group of staff and volunteers. Ability to occasionally to lift up to 20 pounds. Bilingual capabilities are a plus.
- Relational: Ability to work as a team member and to accept responsibility. Ability to act independently and to seek consultation when needed.
- Elevate Life’s 16-hour affiliate training program.
- Training and materials related to personal support service client referrals.
- Orientation to Abria Pregnancy Resources and on-the-job training with the Client Coordinator.
- Hourly, full-time work week, including every other Saturday, as a non-exempt employee
- Paid personal time off and holidays as outlined in current Abria policies.
- Professional development
Location: Abria’s Northside Minneapolis clinic, off-site meetings or appointments as applicable.
To apply, please email a letter of application, resume and three references to [email protected].