Abria Pregnancy Resources is a life-affirming organization serving women and families facing the challenges of an unexpected pregnancy. Our clients experience friendship, hope and encouragement through positive and life-affirming medical and personal support services, education, and resources. We provide ultrasound exams, pregnancy testing and other medical services, counseling, outreach, material assistance and other free services. The organization is an affiliate of Elevate Life.
The Receptionist strives to create a safe, welcoming, professional environment as the primary staff member who welcomes clients, volunteers, and donors at Abria. The Receptionist will maintain a respectful, helpful, working relationship with all Abria staff and volunteers and will help fulfill the mission of Abria by utilizing the most current factual information, striving always to be more proficient in each of our service areas.
Time Commitment: Regular, non-exempt, full-time position (40 hr/week)
Supervision: Clinical Services Director/Operations Director
- Customer/Client Service: (50% time)
- Answer incoming telephone calls, answer incoming messages from digital platforms, assist callers, take messages, provide information, make community referrals, and direct calls to staff members.
- Maintain social media pages, perform messaging via chats and other digital platforms with clients and volunteers.
- Provide timely referral to the staff for appointments or other assistance.
- Maintain a professional, non-judgmental, and personable demeanor while working with a diverse clientele.
- Maintain a safe environment, using good judgment in contacting appropriate personnel as needed.
- Begin intake process for new clients.
- Schedule new and follow-up client appointments, documentation, data entry and maintenance of client database.
- Office Responsibilities: (50% time)
- Assist Business Operations department with phones, IT, communications with vendors, bookkeeping tasks such as receive incoming donations, accounting, billing, HR paperwork, volunteer liaison, and other tasks.
- Perform bookkeeping tasks such as receiving incoming donations, accounting billing, volunteer cleaner liaison, and other tasks.
- Assist Development department with development tasks such as social media posts, data entry, donor database maintenance, marketing, direct mailings, emails, collateral preparation, volunteer management and other tasks.
- Assist other departments with miscellaneous tasks as able.
- Accurately document all activities. Notify appropriate supervisor and/or manager of any critical incidents or emergencies.
- Route incoming paperwork and mail to appropriate staff members.
- Maintain a clean, welcoming lobby and Children’s Activity Center.
- Respect and maintain client and organization confidentiality at all times.
- Complete internal training through the Executive Director, Operations Director and/or Registered Nurse, and Clinical Services Director regarding all policies and procedures for the client intake process and for all internal referrals. Adhere to all policies and procedures related to client intake.
- Maintain a respectful, helpful, working relationship with all Abria staff, volunteers, board members and the Medical Director.
- Comply with all policies and procedures of Abria, and all laws, rules, regulations, standards, and best practices appropriate to the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Agreement with Abria Values and Approach:
- Commitment to Abria’s organizational values. We believe in: the inherent dignity of each person, from conception to natural death; the right of our clients to receive comprehensive, truthful information in a respectful and compassionate way; and the importance of addressing the needs of the whole person – physical, emotional, spiritual and social – when providing services.
- Dedication to pro-life belief in the dignity, sanctity and worth of every human life. We do not perform or provide referrals for abortions. We do not recommend or provide artificial contraception. We promote healthy choices regarding sexuality that both honor the dignity of the human person and avoid sexually transmitted infections and unexpected pregnancy.
- Professional: Effective interpersonal and communication skills, proficient computer skills and knowledge, and organizational aptitude.
- Education/Experience: High school degree or its equivalent. Relevant experience preferred working in a medical clinic, nonprofits, marketing, or fundraising.
- Personal: Ability to empathize with those in distress and give practical assistance; strong counseling and active listening skills; non-judgmental approach and attitude. Ability to work productively with a diverse group of staff and volunteers. Ability to occasionally to lift up to 20 pounds. Bilingual capabilities are a plus.
- Relational: Ability to work as a team member and to accept responsibility. Ability to act independently and to seek consultation when needed.
- Elevate Life’s 16-hour affiliate training program.
- Training and materials related to personal support service client referrals.
- Orientation to Abria Pregnancy Resources and on-the-job training with the Clinical Services Director.
- Hourly, full-time work week, including occasional Saturdays as needed, as a non-exempt employee
- Paid personal time off and holidays as outlined in current Abria policies.
- Professional development
Note: Job Descriptions are not exhaustive lists of all skills, responsibilities, or efforts associated with a job. They reflect principal job elements essential for performing the job and evaluating performance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
To apply: send cover letter, resume, references and completed application (from website supporters.abria.org) to HR@abria.org