Join a community that brings hope to those facing an unexpected pregnancy!
Our volunteer opportunities fit a variety of schedules and talents. See below for a list of our current volunteer needs.
Daytime Volunteer Positions
- Receptionist – Looking for a warm and friendly volunteer to commit to sit at our front desk to greet clients during business hours for two or more hours a week.
- Monday-Friday between 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Saturday between 8 a.m.- 1:30 p.m.
- Resource Navigator- These volunteers work directly with women and couples in our Resource Navigation program. Using Abria’s database of referrals, they help clients find the additional community and Abria Boutique resources they need to move their families forward and serve as a source of encouragement and connection for clients.
- Boutique Volunteer—Boutique volunteers help sort, organize, and stock items to give clients a dignified shopping experience.
- Client Care Nurse (RN)– This position supports the work of our Medical Services program, including administering lab quality pregnancy testing, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) tests and limited OB ultrasound exams (must be certified).
- Parent Education Facilitator (Abria U) – Role Responsibilities: The volunteer will interact directly with women to provide them with important and pertinent information through our diverse curriculum to help the client develop healthy relationships and empower them to confidently assume their parenting role. Commitment of 4 hours/week required. Training will be provided.
- Workshop Facilitator – Put your personal and professional expertise at the disposal of Abria’s clients by leading a client workshop to complement our parenting education programs and resource navigation programs. Past workshops have included financial planning, nutritious cooking, Happiest Baby on the Block, the Five Love Languages, and Scream Free Parenting. If you have any knowledge and experience that could benefit our clients, let us know.
- Child Play Area Aide- These volunteers lead the children of our clients in engaging activities while their mothers or parents are in medical or personal support services appointments here at Abria. This supports clients in overcoming barriers to receiving the help they need. It’s also fun!
Flexible Schedule Volunteer Positions
- Abria Handy Crew –Are you a “handy” man or woman? Lend a hand with maintenance, repairs, heavy-lifting, outdoor beautification – anything that takes a little sweat and ingenuity.
- Cleaning Crew – Put the finishing touches on the client experience by gathering a group of family or friends to give the clinic a deep clean.
- Event Volunteer – Help make Abria’s two annual events a success. From preparations to day-of staffing, opportunities to get involved in the fun abound. See the events page for more details.
- Prayer Partner– Pray regularly for Abria’s clients and staff.
To apply, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up for a tour/information session using the link below:
* Tours are located at the St. Paul Clinic, but volunteer positions are available at both the St. Paul and Minneapolis clinics. *
Board of Directors
The Board meets quarterly and members actively engage in two committee assignments during their two renewable three-year terms.
Non-Board Committee Membership
Apply to join one of the Board committees:
- Development and Marketing Committee
- Events Committee
- Young Adult Engagement Committee
- Facilities Committee
- Finance Committee
- Governance and Risk Management Committee
- Program and Policy Review Committee
- Development and Marketing Committee
Apply to join one of our Councils to the Board:
- Medical Services Advisory Council
- Clergy Council
To apply or receive additional information e-mail email@example.com.